Resources to plan lessons on 10 most popular holidays and special days all in one place!
Lesson Starters Celebrations is a set of 30 cards to help you plan lessons on the most popular holidays and special days, fully tailored to your students’ level and needs.
- New Year’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Pancake Tuesday
- St Patrick’s Day
- Earth Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday
Each topic consists of:
- 2 Photo Cards to be used in your lessons - one card with more traditional questions on the topic, and the other card with a different take on the topic.
- Teacher Notes Card - with additional activities for this topic and 4 links to videos you might want to use.
Plus - general Teacher Notes with instructions and 15 ideas on how to use video in class.
Looking for sample pages?
Click on the main photo and slide left and right to see sample pages.
How does it work?
- Choose the topic you want to cover.
- Choose the right Photo Cards for this topic.
- Check out the Teacher Notes for that topic. Choose the activities that will work with your group or student.
- Plan your lesson tailored to your students’ needs and interests.
- If you want to discuss the topic in a traditional way, use the first Photo Card.
- The second Photo Card has a different take on the topic and can be used for higher-level students or as a supplementary discussion.
- If you’re using a video, check out extra ideas on how to use video.
Use Lesson Starters Celebrations:
- to supplement your coursebook
- to supplement other materials
- to plan full lessons
- to introduce elements of the culture of English-speaking countries
- whenever you’re out of ideas for extra activities
Who is it for?
The material is intended for classes with adults and older teenagers at levels A2-C1.
Check other Lesson Starters HERE.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an e-product.