Have you run out of ideas for grammar activities?
Lesson Starters Grammar is a set of 100 cards to help you conduct grammar lessons in a more communicative and engaging way.
The cards work for online classes and for printing.
- 50 Photo Cards to be used in your lesson
- 50 Teacher Notes Cards - the engine of the pack. They give you a selection of possible activities you can run with each grammar point: photo activity, writing activity and additional activities to help your students practise the target grammar.
- General Teacher Notes on: encouraging students to talk, error correction, individual lessons vs group classes, extra tips for using the cards.
Each card allows your students to practise:
- the form and use of a selected grammar point
- target grammar in speaking and communication
- target grammar in writing
Grammar points covered on the cards:
To be, have got, there is/are, possessive 's, present simple, present continuous, present simple vs present continuous, past simple, used to, irregular verbs part 1 & part 2, past continuous, past simple vs past continuous, present perfect, just / yet / already / since / for, present perfect simple vs continuous, present perfect vs past simple, future simple, be going to, future forms - mix, future perfect vs future perfect continuous, past perfect vs past simple, adjectives vs adverbs, comparatives & superlatives, zero conditional, first conditional, second conditional, third conditional, mixed conditionals, wish & if only, time clauses, quantifiers part 1 & part 2, should/ought to, can, must/mustn't, might/may, mixed modals, modal verbs in the past, verb patterns, prepositions of place, prepositions of time, passive voice, reported speech, would rather & prefer, have/get something done, adjectives with -ed/-ing, although / even though / in spite of / despite, be/get used to.
Looking for sample pages?
Click on the main photo and slide left and right to see sample pages.
How does it work?
Run the entire lesson with just 2 cards:
- Choose the grammar point you want to cover.
- Choose the right card for this point.
- Check out the Teacher Notes for that card - you'll find a lot of ideas for extra activities on the target grammar. Choose the ones that will work with your group or student.
- Use the Photo Card during the lesson to practise the form and use of the grammatical structure in context.
- Run the extra activities you have chosen to further practise the target grammar. Use Teacher Notes to help you.
- Set the Writing Activity as homework.
- to complement your coursebook material or grammar worksheets
- to plan full lessons
- as a base or grammar syllabus for the entire course
- to present a grammar point in context
- to practise the form
- as revision activities
- to practise a grammar point in a communicative way
- whenever you’re out of ideas for extra activities
Who is it for?
The material is intended for classes with adults and older teenagers at all levels.
Check other Lesson Starters HERE.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Read FAQ and our answers HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an e-product.