Situations: Living Abroad is a set of over 150 activities and ideas for practising functional language skills.
Situations consists of 240 pages in PDF format.
The pack is divided into 10 topics: Bank, Renting a house, Job interview, At the hairdresser's, At the dentist's, Chatting with the locals, Saturday night, At the fitness centre, Car problems, Police.
Each one consists of the following sections: Dialogue, Photo Activities, React cards, Role Plays, Talk about it, Discuss, Word Bank. Additionally, some situations also have a section: Extra Activity.
In total, you get:
- 38 Dialogues - most common dialogues in 10 different scenarios. In each dialogue, most important phrases have been highlighted.
- 30 Photo Activities - each one has a photo and a short activity to do based on the photo. The activity requires the student to practise functional language.
- 80 React cards - short situations / problems that students have to react to.
- 30 Role Plays
- 30 Talk about it prompts - short prompts for speaking that require the student to use vocabulary connected with the particular situation.
- 30 Discussion Questions
- 11 Extra Activities - each one consists of 4 photos with a short activity that requires the student to use the functional language and vocabulary connected with the situation.
- 10 pages of Word Bank - most common vocabulary useful in these situations
- Teacher Notes - notes on how to use the material and additional ideas
- Printable React cards
- Printer-friendly version of the material.
For the price of a restaurant meal, you're getting a supply of materials which will save you hours of lesson prep time! Throughout the entire year.
- real-life situations in context with useful phrases to teach
- nearly 200 pages of materials that are ready to use in your classroom, with no prep
- activities in which students do all the work and practise the language
- materials which are heavily focused on communication
Looking for sample pages?
Click on the main photo and slide left and right to see sample pages.
What can you do with it?
You can use it to plan full lessons - each section has been designed in a way that allows you to run a whole lesson by easily navigating between the different slides.
It is also great to use throughout the school year, supplementing different coursebooks topics, such as: travelling, shopping, health, ordering food, etc.
You can build an entire communicative English language course with this material.
With this material you can:
- prepare your students for communication in an English-speaking country
- introduce your students to topics which are very practical but rarely covered in a coursebook
- save your time on lesson prep: just load up the PDF 5 minutes before the lesson and know that it's going to do all the work for you
- have all you'll ever need for teaching functional language in one folder
- stop wasting time looking for the right materials or making your own
Get Worksheets - Situations: Living Abroad to supplement this pack with more vocabulary activities.
Who is it for?
Situations is aimed at adults and older teenagers.
It’s suitable for levels A2 – B1, and you can use some elements for level A1.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Read FAQ and our answers HERE.
Get it in a bundle with Situations: On Holiday, and save money.
Check the bundle HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an e-product.