This week’s Quick News is about Louis Vuitton’s new display celebrating Japanese contemporary artist Yayoi Kusama. The inflatable display is installed in their shop in Paris.
It’s a perfect one to run as a warmer or as an introduction to a lesson about art or fashion.
What can you do with it:
- Explain to the students that they are going to watch a short video of some recent news. Ask them to think what the news might be about.
- Play the video.
- Get feedback from the students. What do they think it was about? Have they heard about it?
- Write this vocabulary on the board:
- Ask the students if they know these words and phrases. Explain any difficult ones.
- Ask them to talk about what they saw in the video using the vocabulary.
- You can also play the video again, and ask them to narrate what they see.
Follow-up questions for discussion:
- What do you think about this display?
- Would you like to see it?
- Have you ever seen anything similar?
- Do you know any other shocking or surprising art displays?
You can find a short follow-up article on this news here.