Have you run out of lesson ideas?
Lesson Starters Intermediate is a set of 100 cards full of interesting topics. They will help you with planning engaging lessons for your intermediate students and/or introducing extra practice on a topic you’re covering.
The cards work for online classes and for printing.
- 50 Photo Cards to be used in your lesson
- 50 Teacher Notes Cards - the engine of the pack. They give you a selection of possible activities you can conduct on each topic: warmer, vocabulary practice, writing, as well as other activities you can do with the photos from the Photo Cards. All activities require very little or no prep.
In total you get: 50 ideas for warmers, 250 questions for discussion, 200 ideas for activities, 50 writing tasks.
speaking and communication
Looking for sample pages?
Click on the main photo and slide left and right to see sample pages.
How does it work?
Run the entire lesson with just 2 cards:
Choose the topic card that you want to cover.
Check out the Teacher Notes for that card
Look at all the ideas for extra activities. Choose the ones that will work with your group or student.
- Start with the warmer for this topic.
- Run the rest of your lesson.
Use the cards:
- to introduce and revise vocabulary
- to give a coursebook topic an interesting twist
- to spark interesting discussions
- to run full lessons
- as supplementary materials
- as warmers
Who is it for?
The material is intended for classes with adults and older teenagers at levels A2 - B1. Some cards can be used for level B2 as well.
Check Lesson Starters for other levels HERE.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Read FAQ and our answers HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an e-product.